Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Display JIRA filter results gadget using JQL instead of saved filter?

So right now I can run a search, save it as a filter, and then display the filter results on a dashboard. Is there any way to show JQL search results as a pie chart without having to first save it as a filter?

Say I want to see all the camera product orders that a company has fulfilled on a dashboard. I search for the following:

• status = closed
  • issuetype = "Product Order"
  • ProductType = "Camera"

That will show me all the fulfilled camera orders. Then I save this as a filter called "Closed_Camera_Orders", and put it on a dashboard using the Favorite Filters gadget.

Now we get a request to see all closed camera orders for each state in the USA. Do I really have to make 50 filters that are all some version of the following just to load them into gadgets?

• status = closed
  • issuetype = "Product Order"
  • ProductType = "Camera"
  • US_state = "Alabama"

There's no gadget that takes "JQL String" as an input instead of instead of "Saved Filter"? Then I could at least enter "filter IN [7654765] AND US_state = "Alabama" in one gadget, and "filter IN [7654765] AND US_state = "Arkansas" for another.

That would be way better than having to save 50 search strings as filters.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote

I'm afraid the gadgets all take a simple filter, not JQL directly.

Blargh. Ah well, thank you! So everyone just creates tons of filters?

Like Valentin Dragin likes this

I'm afraid we do, yes.

@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ do you happen to know if there's a feature request for dashboard gadgets to take JQL as input?

Like Valentin Dragin likes this

Yes, it was closed ages ago with something that can be summarised as "saved filters are JQL"

0 votes

I was searching for something else and saw this post.

I know this is not an answer, but there is an add-on that provides this functionality: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/5228/show-saved-filter-with-columns-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

In addition to storing the JQL within the gadget preferences, it also has options to set the title and header-bar color of the gadget.

We acquired this add-on years ago before the default filter gadget allowed column selection and that was the main differentiator. Now, just the color and JQL may not be worth the license cost for us, but maybe it is for you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Management

JSM June ask me anything (AMA)

Hello Community members! We’re wrapping up the end of JSM June with an Ask Me Anything (AMA) with the Jira Service Management product team. This is your chance to ask all your ITSM questions to o...

303 views 13 14
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you