Digitally signed documents

Armara Peterson May 5, 2021

Hello Community,

We use Confluence for versioning control and JIRA for Approval workflows.

So each document in Confluence that need to be approved must go through an Approval workflow that is set up in JIRA.

That stated, supposing I had digitally signed enclosures linked to a document uploaded to Confluence.    Is there a tool ***in Confluence or JIRA** that will allow me to combined the documents into 1 package - while ensuring the digital signatures remain intact  ?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2021

Hi @Armara Peterson 

Welcome to the community! Are you looking to capture approval signatures on your Confluence pages or on attachments to pages? From your outline of your process it is possible that a plugin from the Atlassian Marketplace such as Comala Document Management may meet your needs.

The app enables you to define custom approval workflows for the complete lifecycle of your Confluence content and includes the option of electronic signatures for approvals. 

For more information you can check out out webinars here

All the best

James
Senior Product Manager

Armara Peterson May 7, 2021

Your suggestion isn't helpful....(sorry but thanks for reaching out)

I don't have rights to install any software.  This is a huge platform with many features.  Are you saying that there is not any work-a-round for my scenario?  Again, I have a confluence document that has "enclosures" (or 2 separate documents that the approver must see).  I am not allowed to put them in the "Attachments Section", what other options do I have?  I need the approver of the confluence document to review these enclosures somehow simultaneously. Or link the confluence document to the enclosures without putting them in the "Attachments folder".

Suggest an answer