You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
we have enormous delays when importing .msg or xls attachments in the jira issues since the deactivation of the SMB1 V1 protocol.
JIRA Version: 5.2.11
Could you help me please!
Could you confirm what you mean by "smb1 protocol"?
My guess would be that you are using shared storage for your attachments in Jira, based on a SMB (Samba) share, but you may mean a couple of other things.
Also if SMB1 has been shut down, what are you using instead? And can you confirm it is only the attachments you have put on shared storage, not the rest of Jira's home (data) directory?
Hello @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Thank you for your reply,
We are using SMBv2 instead of SMBv1
Yes I confirm that we use shared storage (in a file server) for our attachments in Jira, based on an SMB (Samba) share. these are only the attachments we put on shared storage, not the rest of Jira's home (data) directory
Ok, the next step is a look at the logs on the Jira server. When you get that red warning about a failure, something with more detail will have been written into <Jira home>/logs/atlassian-Jira.log
I can't begin to guess what that might be, I've seen several root causes come out in there for various reasons why a disk write fails. The most common one I've seen (when it is limited to certain types of file) is that the new file system or the Jira server have started to perform anti-virus checks on file writes, and the massive slowdown that causes leads to file locks or time-outs.
But don't assume that - start with a look at the server logs.
We consulted the logs we found this message:
2021-08-11 15:58:50,054 http-bio-80-exec-232 ERROR middleware 958x4509834x4 1qmd7d 10.194.194.51 /rest/api/2/issue/SAC-375135/attachments [common.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] Uncaught exception thrown by REST service
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException: Header section has more than 10240 bytes (maybe it is not properly terminated)
PS: we have already completely uninstalled the antivirus from the jira application server to be sure that it is not linked to the antivirus.
Ok, I think you'll need to talk to your file share admins/experts to find out why it is not writing particular file types quickly enough.
The fact you've changed the type of file share from one to another (albeit similar) and this problem jumped out then is screaming that it's the file system. But we needed to check the anti-virus to get it ruled out.