Customise Burndown Chart to consider as Done a mid "Review" column

Vasilis Gennaris February 7, 2018

Hi all, 

i am trying to make a customisation at the Burndown chart. I have set all my boards with four columns. "To-Do", "Doing", "Review" and "Done". The Burndown chart considers as "Done" and drops the line in the graph when something moves to the "Done" Column/Status but in most cases the dev team has finished their work when issue moves to "Review" column. 

My problem is that in "Review" column is being created a bottleneck and this is not dev's team fault. So to have proper metrics for the progress of the dev team i need when a issue moves to "Review" column the burndown chart to lower and consider this issue as Done at least from dev team side.

Is that possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Hi @Vasilis Gennaris ,

a status, in order to be considered as done, should be placed on the last column on the right of your board.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Leslie Martinez July 12, 2022

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ ,

The issue I see here, is that it is now possible to set the `Done` category to more than one status (not necessarily all within the last column in the board). Therefore, the Burndown chart should consider all `Done` category statuses as Done and not only the last column.

Is there a solution for this ? I am facing the same kind of issue. My dev team is involved in the process up to the Code Review, but once the PR is merged, I consider their job done.

Therefore, I would like the Burndown chart to consider statuses like "Testing", "Pending Deployment" etc as Done.

Thanks

Leslie

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2022

Hi @Leslie Martinez ,

a ticket is considered "done" if the status is on the last column of your board indipendenlty from status category. Status category is general and not per project basis. Some statuses, that are global for the instance, could be considered as category"done" for some workflows and "in progress" for others. THis is the reason why Atlassian based the burdown chart on the board configuration. 

Suggest an answer