Custom JQL query

simon December 15, 2022

I need a JQL query that will show Issues not updated or commented on within 1 month. I have tried the following with no success :

Project = Helpdesk AND updated <= -30d AND "Time spent waiting for support" 

Project = Helpdesk AND updated<=4w

Project = Helpdesk AND updated <= -30d AND "Time spent waiting for support" = elapsed("30d")

Project = Helpdesk AND updated <= -30d AND "Time spent waiting for support" = breached(30d)

I need to be able to filter within the search Tickets that are not being updated or resolved within a 1 month timeframe in order to better enable escalation. 

2 answers

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2022

In its simplest form this query should give you all issues that haven't been updated within the past 30 days:

updated < -30d

To extend it so you only get issues that are unresolved the query would look like this:

updated < -30d AND resolution = Unresolved

0 votes
Iryna Komarnitska_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 15, 2022

Hello, @simon  !

We know how difficult to learn JQL syntax. So, my team recently released Text to JQL gadget . It's free.
Add-on allows you to create JQL queries in Jira using simple natural language.

Also, the app can:

• Create JQL queries by voice
  • The gadget is customizable and accepts requests of different complexity
  • Receiving results of a query in 1-click

I hope it will help you!

Suggest an answer