Confluence page search returning no results

Jira-Admins December 15, 2015

This looks like a duplicate of another question, but we are having a different issue.

When I go to link to a confluence page from a JIRA issue, I get "Search returned no results" and it also doesn't list any of my spaces. When I looked into the logs (both Confluence and JIRA), I saw no errors. When I searched the apache logs, I found the request: 

/jira/rest/confluenceIssueLink/1/confluence/search?query=test&appId=our-app-id&spaceKey=&maxResults=10&_=1450195846167

However, when I make this request against our server, I get the following, no matter what the query is:

{"result":[]}

We have it set up as recommended, using 2-legged OAuth. We can search for JIRA issues from Confluence with no issues. It is just when we try to search for a Confluence page through the issue link feature that we are experiencing this failure. Please let me know if you need more information.

2 answers

0 votes
yonghuang_lei May 13, 2020

I have the similar problem. change the jira and confluence to https ,then, the uri below return 500 error:

/jira/rest/confluenceIssueLink/1/confluence/search?query=chinese(中文)

when the param 'query' is chinese ,page return the 500 error,else return the right page content.
who can help me ?
0 votes
Evan Golden December 16, 2015

When you are in Confluence can you search those same pages?  Or when you enter that URL into the browser that is in JIRA does it find the page fine?

Jira-Admins December 18, 2015

Yes, Confluence has no issue in searching for pages within itself. When I make that request in the browser, I get 

{"result":[]}
Michaël November 21, 2016

I get the same problem when trying to search for a confluence page through the issue link feature. Did you find a solution ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events