Configuring logging work on issues within one project

Nadya Domracheva June 29, 2022

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask for your help to know how I can  configure the tracking system within one project

I am viewing this link below https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/logging-work-on-issues-939938944.html about the estimation system in the Jira.

Our current estimations system has "day" type of view, so 6h = 0.75d , 2h = 0,25d etc.

I would like to change the view of the estimation on "hours", but I want to update this only for one project, not in global Jira settings. 

Is it possible?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

No, the length-of-time display is a global setting.

It has to be, otherwise you'd be getting nonsense from cross-project reporting.

Nadya Domracheva July 3, 2022

Thank you for your answer. But as for cross-projecting reporting, it doesn't make sense because different projects use different time estimations (hours, story points, etc), so in case gathering cross-project reporting with different estimation approach times there will not be clear statistics

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2022

Your projects may well be using different estimates, but they'll be doing it in different fields.

My point about the cross-project reporting is about a single field, when projects are using the same estimation field. - you need the field show the data in the same way for the reporting to work.

Suggest an answer