Chart Time in Status

Andrew Schenck June 14, 2019

I am trying to add this field to my forms as well as to cards on kanban board,  When i try to add field on form, it says i dont have edit permissions.  I am an admin so not sure what to do now

2 answers

2 votes
Julia Denys August 7, 2019

Hello @Andrew Schenck 

If you want to have information about time in issue status, you can use add-ons that will provide you with this opportunity. You can track the number of times an issue has been in each status with Time in Status for Jira Cloud by SaaSJet.

With this add-on, you will get information about the time in status for every stage in a workflow and the number of times a task has gone from one status to another.

If you are interested specifically in charts, then it is worth mentioning that the add-on is constantly improving and develops the ability to display charts based on the data results. So any time soon, this feature can be seen directly in the application.

Hope this could help you.

Andrew Schenck August 7, 2019

Does this only work with jira service desk

Julia Denys August 7, 2019

Thank you for your reply!

This add-on works with Jira Service Desk and with Jira Cloud

Andrew Schenck August 8, 2019

i have added it but how do i get it to work

Julia Denys August 9, 2019

I'll help you to get started

First, make sure you opened the add-on Time in Status for Jira Cloud, then go to the configuration menu and click "Work schedule" to set up your team working schedule.

Here you can choose the amount of working days a week, time zone, the amount of working hours per day, every day breaks and the days when your team is on holidays. The time that issue spent in each status will be calculated according to your set configurations in the work schedule.

Also in the configuration menu you can choose "Permissions" to manage the access for additional users who can update the reports, work schedule and manage permissions.

I think that our documentation will help you to learn more about all the features of the application Time in Status for Jira Cloud. Besides instructions with screenshots you'll find a useful video that will guide you through the get started process.

I hope the above is useful to you. Please let me know if you have any questions.

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2019

Hello Andrew,

The "Time in Status" or "[CHART] Time in Status" field is not editable and therefore will not appear on issue screens. The field just can be assigned to the appropriate issue screen(s) and are intended to provide data to the "Average Time in Status" gadget.

You can check the documentation below for more information about this field:

How to use Average Time in Status gadget

Let me know if this information helps.

Michael Hart March 9, 2022

@Petter GonçalvesThank you for this information! I'm in the process of trying to audit/reconfigure some various issue types for a large number of projects I manage and I saw this "[CHART] Time in Status" field listed, but no where to be found.

It's good to know this is not editable/visible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events