Changing the Sequence Generation Strategy in Active Objects

Thiago Adelino de Melo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 7, 2022

Hello,

Is there any way to change the sequence generation strategy using Active Objects? (To change Increment by, Minimum Value, Maximum Value, Cycle Sequence... etc.).

The Problem:

• We have a specific context where we needed to set a sequence as a 'Cycle Sequence' and define the 'Maximum Value' for it.
  • Since the related table is used in a context where it works as an index table (All the records can be deleted and up-to-date data will be inserted on its place), after a while we face problems with sequence value overflow, where the generated sequence value doesn't fit inside the ID field of the Entity

Having the possibility to set the sequence as 'Cycle Sequence' and its 'Maximum Value', we would avoid any problem in this context.

Using the ActiveObjects Plugin version 3.0.0-m02, I haven't been able to find any documentation related to Sequence Strategy. The only annotation related to ID generation was @AutoIncrement but it doesn't allow me to do this kind of customization.

0 answers

Suggest an answer