Change history of status name

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2016

Is there any way to see who end when changed status name. 

I thought that this action should be shown into audit journal or into user activity, but respective records do not appear anywhere. 

With regards, Vasiliy.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2016

In the history tab of the issue there's always: "X made changes - at date:time, status changed from A to B"

In the database, the changegroup table has author and date (X and date:time), changeitem table has the changes (may have multiple changes linked to the same changegroup).

Does this respond to your question ?

Edit: see below, comment clarifies the question. Answer is No, AFAIK.

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2016

No, it not a respond because I do not change an issue. I change an object "Status". Once I change status name from "myStatus" to "myBetterStatus" it will be displaied into every issue. But I do not make any issue change. Such actions usually logged into audit journal (for example: workflow change or change of project role)

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2016

Ah, this makes your question clear, now. No there's not. Last time I checked, auditing does not record such event, too.

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2016

Ok, I will create a ticket on Atlassian. Where I should do this?

Ionut Harna June 6, 2019

Does anybody knows if Atlassian fixed this in the meantime?

Can I see somewhere in the history who changed the name of a status?

I use Jira Core 7.13.1.

Thank you for your time and knowledge,

Ioan

Like Dawn Fama likes this
Manali Butey May 6, 2021

Any updates on this ?

@Vasiliy Zverev 

Suggest an answer