Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Capacity planning with Jira

Hello, i do have a question regarding the capacity planning with Jira. I know i can use the original estimate field and than the Version Workload report and the Time Tracking Report for each Version, to check how much time i needed to finish a Version...but now is there also a thing like capacity planning in Jira,,,as I know it from MS Projects i can put my ressources into MS Project and add % availibility for each project.....than i have my working hours added and i can check workload regarding also the % availability for each person. Since the developers are working on different projects at one time.....i needed to match my workload with the capacity i actually have......is that possible in JIRA ?

5 answers

1 accepted

ok,,only tempo folio seems active any longer but seems very focused on cost management.. Do you know if maybe it has also the function of putting the % availability for each ressource into the pan, so i can adjust ressource planning and time planing , including my % availability ? PS This is what MS Project offers....

You might wanna try: 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/capacity-tracker-plugin/cloud/overview

It provides configuration to define availability and days off.

Corinna - Please have a look at our plugin in marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.organize.jira.capacityplanner/server/overview.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Amaresh

Mirketa Inc.

Hi Amaresh,

When a resource logs hours against subtasks/tasks/defects will i

Click on the resource should show me the tasks he has and how many estimated and actual hours he is logging against each task.

Hi,

This plugin deliver what i believe can help you with sprint planning with resources.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.addonexpertscenter.jira-sprint-planning-resources/server/overview

Hi Corinna,

If you are using JIRA cloud, this is an excellent plugin for Capacity Planning and Tracking within JIRA. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/capacity-tracker-plugin/cloud/overview

I have been using it for sometime and its extremely helpful. Let me know if you come across any further questions, will be happy to help you. 

Hey Udit,

We tried using Capacity Planner trial version. But there was some bug and days off were getting selected on its own and was not editable.

Also as per our agile framework, a JIRA issue workflow includes requirement review, development, code review, Testing, UAT & Release, ie, complete SDLC in 1 workflow. So multiple stakeholders are involved in every issue. Our challenge is to track developer's & tester's capacity separately with this workflow.

Can you suggest something?

The Capacity tracker has a lot of bugs when it's used with Chrome, but works fine with latest version of Edge

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Jira issue check and more advanced commit verifications for Bitbucket DC

Pre-receive hooks that verify the Git commit message, the modified files, and implement similar code change controls used to be requirements of large enterprises working in regulated industries only....

31 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you