I'm having an issue where I cannot drag a card to a new column I recently made.
I want to move a card from "Ready to Deploy" to "Inform Stakeholder". The workflow transition is set up to allow this. The diagram indicates the transition is there. But when moving the card, the column does not display the Inform Stakeholder column as availble as available.
This workflow transition is configured:
Yet here is what is shown when trying to drop the "Add Hearken Newsletter to Subscriber page" ticket from Ready to Deploy to Inform Stakeholder:
Any suggestions for what might be blocking this move?
Thank you for any insight you may have to share.
I assume you have verified the workflow rules and that you made sure the board had the status mapped correctly to the desired columns. Sometime when i encounter issues with the workflow/ buttons I simply move the ticket out of the project and back into it again which resolves the issues 99% of the time.
Cheers Shawn, Actually I had not mapped the status to that column yet and that may have solved the issue mostly.
Now I can place open tickets there. But tickets that had previously been marked Done/closed, and their number crossed out, still cannot be moved there.
Thank you for the info and feedback.
@Shawn Masters Upon further exploration, some open cards are able to be moved to that column, but some open cards are not able to be moved there.
As I test, I'm trying to move the cards from the same column to this "Inform Stakeholder" column.
Do you have any idea why some cards would be allowed to move there and others not?
My first guess would be to examine the workflow statuses and transitions. You can add "Validators" and "Conditions" to them that can prevent transitions. For example, in my Service Desk I have the "Done" transition blocked until the Tech chooses a value from a field called "Root Cause" which we use to bucket issues. Additionally i would validate that all the issues share the same workflow. If you have 2 different workflows implemented with the same Statuses but different flows you can encounter this.
I figured it out...
I have been working on an "All Projects" board that pulls in tasks from multiple projects. 1 of the projects had a different Workflow Scheme applied to it.
Thus, cards associated with that other project could not be moved to the new column because that workflow scheme did not include the same steps in the process.