Cannot link JIRA to Bitbucket to use triggers in workflow transitions

Julian Davchev November 13, 2019

Hi everyone,

Ultimately I'd like to configure so that when a bitbucket PR is created I trigger a JIRA ticket transition. I've read quite a lot on the topic but it is still confusing to me.

Both bitbucket and JIRA are in the cloud.

1. Within bitbucket settings in menu Atlassian Integrations -> JIRA I don't have the integration triggered. Even if I click already have a JIRA, nothing really changes.

Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 17.27.25.png

2. I don't have the "add trigger" button in the transition screen in JIRA workflows which means bitbucket and JIRA are not linked yet.

Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 17.29.17.png

3. On the other hand in DVCS accounts within JIRA settings I have bitbucket setup and I see the repos and can choose smart commits for individual repos etc. Also inside JIRA tickets I can see the development screen with pull requests etc etc.

Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 17.32.31.png

So on the one hand I have some integration but not quite. I cannot setup bitbucket triggers on a workflow transition. 

Any help on the topic is much appreciated.

Best,

JD

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2019

Hello Julian,

Thank you for reaching out.

Actually, the "Add trigger" button appears even when you have no integration with other applications, so I believe there's something (Browser, Network proxy or Firewall) that might be blocking that specific feature to appear. Please, try the following steps to troubleshoot the problem:

1 - Try to enter your JIRA in incognito mode and using a different browser and a different network

2 - Make sure you have whitelisted the Atlassian Cloud IP ranges and Bitbucket Ip ranges in your browser and network firewall.

3 - Although any missing integration should not cause the "Add trigger" button to disappear, please try to configure again the steps in the documentation below:

Connect Bitbucket Cloud to Jira Software Cloud 

Let me know if the steps above worked for you.

Julian Davchev November 15, 2019

Hm, that is interesting. Don't see how is this relevant when both bitbucket and JIRA are in the cloud. But truth is when I opened JIRA and bitbucket at home, I was able to add the triggers and saw the connections. 

Does that mean that once configured those will just work from now on, or have to figure out how fix network at the office? 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2019

Hello Julian,

Thank you or your answer.

Since you are able to add triggers using a different network, I believe that your network firewall or proxy configuration might be blocking JIRA and bitbucket IP ranges in your office.

That being said, I would contact the team responsible for your network to whitelist the Atlassian Cloud IP ranges and Bitbucket Ip ranges in the firewall and proxy.

Let me know if that works for you.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
November 18, 2019

Hello Julian,

Thank you or your answer.

Since you are able to add triggers using a different network, I believe that your network firewall or proxy configuration might be blocking JIRA and bitbucket IP ranges in your office.

That being said, I would contact the team responsible for your network to whitelist the Atlassian Cloud IP ranges and Bitbucket Ip ranges in the firewall and proxy.

Let me know if that works for you.

Suggest an answer