Cannot add user, all the user directories are read-only.

Amith Reddy April 6, 2020

when i tried to set up administrator details its showing the error of ,Cannot add user, all the user directories are read-only.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2020

Amith,

I am assuming that this is a new installation of Jira.  When I see this specific error that the user accounts cannot be created because the user directories are read only, this error message is rather misleading.  It is true that Jira cannot create that admin account, but it tends to be because of a problem with the database configuration or SQL permissions of the account Jira is trying to use just doesn't have the ability to write that data to the expected table in the database.  What are you seeing in logs?  Can you sign in the the SQL database using the account Jira is using and does that account have the proper access on the database?

0 votes
alberto_delgado October 4, 2020

I have exactly the same problem and I am using H2 internal database. The configurator is not showing any error.

Suggest an answer