Can you have 1 board showing progress of all projects?

Fiona November 3, 2020

Is there a way to have 1 board to display your progress across all projects? Not sure if you can do this in the "Your Work" or "Dashboard" functions. 

Each project would still have their own Board within their project, but I'd like one overarching board.

4 answers

0 votes
Mateusz Sołowianiuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2020

Hi @Fiona 

As @Dirk Ronsmans mentioned - BigPicture will be able to answer your needs as it provides an overview of your project portfolio at a glance. Please refer to this blog post to find out more about the plugin possibilities in this area. 

If you find that BigPicture is too much for your needs, you may want to give BigGantt a try as it also contains the Overview module with its full functionality. 

I invite you to give our products a try - both BigPicture and BigGantt are available in Atlassian Marketplace with a free 30-day trial. 

I rest at your disposal if any further clarification is required. 

Best regards,

Mateusz Sołowianiuk

SoftwarePlant Support

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2020

Hi @Fiona ,

Going by your question and the answers of my colleagues it does sound like you are looking for some kind of Portfolio management.

In it's essence Portfolio management is a way to track multiple projects/programs/.. from one overview.

As mentioned one of the options is Advanced Roadmaps which comes with a Premium Cloud subscription (it was formerly named JIRA Portfolio and available as an app). However it might be a hefty price bump just for that "single feature".

Maybe look at the marketplace for another Portfolio Management app? I have good experiences with BigPicture but that too isn't exactly cheap :) (and it is most likely overkill for what you need)

i'd take a look at the apps available and maybe try a few to see what fits your need!

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&query=portfolio 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2020

Hi Fiona - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Depending on the number of issues you have across all projects, that might not be a good idea as it could bog down the board and not load properly. 

You could use Dashboards to help see the progress or an Advanced Roadmap as Prince suggests - but you would need to have a premium subscription for the Advanced Roadmap function. 

So it kind of depends on exactly what you are wanting to see. Can you be more specific in the desired view? 

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2020

Hi @Fiona 

I believe you need to use an add-on that can show progression such as Advanced Roadmaps for Jira. Dashboards would be limited to issues or projects not boards.

Fiona November 3, 2020

Thanks. This is all rather overwhelming as I'm extremely new to Jira, but appreciate the response. 

Suggest an answer