Yes you. Both of the JIRA system fields you mention above uses the JIRA Wiki Renderer which has many fun formatting you can choose from! Take a read below.
In the "LINKS" section, you will have to use:
When I try to send a link like as suggested for the 'description, field while creating a JIRA ticket through a R script,
x <- list(fields = list(project = c(key = "TEST"),
summary = "New Issue Ticket Created",
description = "[Issue Doc|http://sharepointsite.com/folder/filname.ext]",
issuetype = c(name = "Task"),
assignee = c(name = assigneeUsrName)
response <- POST("https://somecompany.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/",
body = RJSONIO::toJSON(x), authenticate("usrName","pwd", "basic"),
add_headers("Content-Type" = "application/json"), verbose())
I only see the text in the description field instead of a hyperlink.
What am I missing here?
In my case in jira 8.5.5 <a href="url">link text</a> worked.
I mistakenly updated Description in Custom field - Edit (field) whereas it must be done on Field Configuration level since current custom field have been already created some time ago and was used by several projects.
@Richard Navarro I inspected the text and seems to show correctly as:
Could you please elaborate on how to get to the "Text" tab under the textbox? I am not seeing that in Jira ticket.
I have tried both via API and direct on UI to add a link as suggested:
but it never works in any browser. I have tried 2 different recent Jira versions.
What am I missing?
We're running 8.7.1 now and still seeing the problem, but I've found that I can work around it by switching back and forth between Visual and Text. Sometimes just switching back and forth once is enough to get it to take. Sometimes, when I'm in Text mode, I add and then delete [s or ]s to the beginning or end of the link and this seems to get its attention. In 8.7.1 I have always been able to eventually create a working link, after some amount of fussing around.
My current standard trick, if the link does display correctly in Visual mode, is to go to Text mode, type  in front of the opening [ of the link, then delete , then check it again in Visual mode. The seems to have worked that last few times that I've had trouble with a link.