Can we use "Change From" operator for custom field in Issue Navigator to filter records based on history of custom field

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2016

I would like to find a changed from value on a custom field and can only find old posts asking to do the same thing. Read JIRA 5 and it says only with JIRA fields can this be done. Is this still true or is there a way now in JIRA Navigator that allow us to search on changed history for a custom field?

Using IRA Server v6.4.5

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2016

If you read the JIRA Advanced Searching "CHANGED", it only supports system fields:

This operator can be used with the AssigneeFix VersionPriorityReporterResolution and Status fields 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/advanced-searching-179442050.html#AdvancedSearching-CHANGED

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2016

Yes I did read that, but it was over a year old, so was hoping that something else had changed:) Just wanted to confirm what I had read. Thanks for the response:)

Danny Davidson November 27, 2019

I am looking for this functionality as well.  any updates? 

0 votes
Endlé Christophe August 19, 2016

Is there a way to extend "CHANGED" to suooport not only few system fields but also

• Summary
  • Description
  • Story Points

Suggest an answer