Can we Integrate Protractor CucumberJS Automation Framework with Qmetry Test manager for JIRA

Siva Kumar August 3, 2020

Hi 

For an angularJS application we implementing CucumberJS framework using Protractor 

As part of Devops we need to integrate Protractor CucumberJS Automation Framework with Qmetry Test manager for JIRA ??

Will that be possible ? And wil there be provision to integrate with BitBucket ??

Kindly let me know 

1 answer

0 votes
Sahashraanshu August 13, 2020

Hello Siva,

I am able to perform seamless integration of automation with QMetry for Jira. This allows me to automate my test results and upload them directly to QMetry for Jira. So far I have used all the frameworks supported by QMetry and created Test Runs from them, you can refer to all the supported frameworks from this help guide which also includes Cucumber.

If your Protractor CucumberJS Automation Framework is able to generate a Test Result file that is in any of the supported framework and format then you will be able to upload the Test results to QMetry.

If it is in the supported framework but not the supported format then you can follow any of the options below:

• Create a converter that will convert your output Test Results into any of the QMetry supported framework's format. You will require the assistance of your development team in order to build a converter.
  • You can reach out to QMetry Support here and check if they have any readymade converter available. It would be advisable to share your Test Results file too which will help them understand your Protractor output.

Regards,

Sahashraanshu 

Suggest an answer