Can't add watchers

Robert Broström October 1, 2018

Hi,

I can't add watchers or see the watchers in the new Jira issue view. This is very critical for us. I know that I can switch to the old Jira issue view but I asume that the old view soon will be closed. I could find some "questions" in the community about this but no clear answer on when this is added in the new Jira issue view.

Is there an answer on this?

Thanks,
Robert

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Irfan Mazli Mazuki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2018

Hello @Robert Broström,

There is an existing Feature Request for the implementation of managing watchers feature: JRACLOUD-69751. Do visit the page, Vote and Watch to stay updated on the request progress. You may also leave comment there if you would like to share your feedback. The request will need to be reviewed by the Developers. If you would like to know more about how feature requests are handled, you may refer to Implementation of New Features Policy.

The workaround currently (as you already know) is to switch back to the old UI to manage the watchers.

Kind regards,
Irfan

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2018

I have read that and there is no answer what I can see from anyone in the Atlassian Team since April... and one of the last comments from other users was:

Diego
Is there a community manager that can at least offer where we are with this? This thread feels abandoned. Maybe this is something we should be all posting elsewhere
Calvin
Probably because this question is being considered "answered".   We should post a new question.

We use Jira in our business and it is rather critical that everything works, at least for that price we pay. 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2018

If you switch to the old view, you will be able to add a watcher.

Hi Alexey,

Yes, I know that but they want us to use the new view and I have heard that they will close the old view soon.

Just wanted someone in the Atlassian Team to tell when this can be done and that they don't close the old view before we have all functions needed. 

Mathias Koprek October 15, 2018

How can I switch to the old view? I can´t find the button.

Alex Chao October 20, 2020

Even i switched to the old view, for some reason some service desk team members can't add watchers.   They can see the watchers box but once they type in a name, no auto pop-up for the user name.

Any idea?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events