Can i bulk create (CSV) recurring sub-tasks into a parent by adding multiple parent ids in a col?

james.monro August 5, 2020

I want to recreate a series of sub-tasks. e.g for each month, 5 countries need to do the same activity. 
I have create the months as epics, the counties as tasks within the epic, and now i wan to bulk create the activities in each task. Can i do this by adding multiple parent ids (i.e. the jira for each country each month) into a single column on the CSV, separated by a comma?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2020

Hi James,

I would use some type of Automation to create the tasks. The Automation For Jira add-on can do that with the Scheduled trigger or you could base it on each task as it gets closed creating a new one for the next month. 

james.monro August 7, 2020

Thanks John. It wouldnt quite work for what i needed. i did a huge round of bulk uploads. not ideal but... 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2020

Can you share why the automation didn't quite work? Maybe we can work something out that would help with something similar in the future.  :-)

Suggest an answer