Can extra colums be added to the Issue Links section of an Issue

R. Miranda February 5, 2019

This question was asked in 2012 and a solution was suggested based on the Jira Linker plugin that no longer exists and which has been replaced by JIRA's built-in link capability. I have not found a follow-up on this question, so it is asked again: how can I add columns (fields) to the Issue Links section?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2019

Hello Miranda,

Unfortunately, we indeed do not have this option yet for JIRA:

Customize the columns in linked issues view

Can you confirm to us if you are using JIRA Cloud or Server?

As a customization option for JIRA Server, you can use the plugin Issue Matrix to add new columns/fields to the panel as you need.

Also, feel free to watch and vote on the feature request to increase its priority and receive notifications about any updates.

Let me know if this information helps.

R. Miranda February 7, 2019

Thanks Petterson, I'll try Issue Matrix since we have JIRA Server.

Like JanaW likes this
R. Miranda February 8, 2019

Ok, I have downloaded a trial version and tested it on our test system. It does exactly what we are asking for.

The issue now is whether our company wishes to fork out the $1200 that it will cost ...

At any rate, case closed. Thanks for your suggestion.

Like JanaW likes this
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2019

You are welcome, Miranda.

I understand that the cost of the plugin does not fit if you are just needing new columns to your Linked issues.

Since we already have this feature for Sub-tasks, I believe it would not need much effort for our development team to add it to Linked Issues and Epics too, so I would like to re-enforce the importance to receive one more vote from you in the suggestion provided. :)

Have a nice weekend!

Like JanaW likes this
Colinda Goormans-Francke January 16, 2020

It is really important for us and I see all over the Atlassian community discussions and people desperate about this. 

In this case for us the problem is the same: the cost of the plugin is really to much for something that should be as easy as it is for sub-tasks.

Like JanaW likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events