Can a direct integration between ServiceNow and JiraAlign be configured?

Jayme Burkhalter September 1, 2021

As many companies do, we utilize both JIRA software and ServiceNow for different purposes.  I am working to find a way to integrate all platforms into one visual space, for different reasons.

Portfolio/Project level work: Intake and Approval- Starts with Demands in SNOW that go through an approval process by executives.  

• Are Demands in ServiceNow able to be bi-directionally integrated into JIRA Align for help in prioritization and approval?
  • Example- when a demand is created in SNOW, can a Portfolio Epic be created in ALIGN?
  • When a Portfolio Epic is updated/approved in ALIGN, can it update in SNOW?

Production Support/Incidents/Story tracking etc. :

• I can see how integration can be set up between SNOW and JIRA for story level tracking and ultimately roll into Align through those connections

Is it possible for ServiceNow to talk to JIRA at both the upper Align level for Portfolio/Program level work, and JIRA Cloud for story level tracking?

4 answers

1 vote
Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2022

Hi @Jayme Burkhalter

This is Majid, pre-sales engineer @ Exalate. 

It is very possible to sync ServiceNow demands with Jira software issues bi-directionally using Exalate. You can use our unique scripted engine to control the integration at a granular level. Please feel free to book a demo with us if you are interested in seeing the product in action. 

Thanks

Majid 

sethi_anurag December 19, 2023

I think the question here is synch between ServiceNow Portfolio Mgmt (SMP) and  Jira ALign (not Jira software ) 

0 votes
sethi_anurag December 12, 2023

Even I have that query, 

• when a demand is created in SNOW, can a Portfolio Epic be created in ALIGN?
  • When a Portfolio Epic is updated/approved in ALIGN, can it update in SNOW?

Any solution you got for this ?

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 24, 2022

@Jayme Burkhalter hi.   My name is Diana and I am a solutions architect at ZigiWave.

You can easily connect ServiceNow and Jira bi-directionally, using an external tool like ZigiOps. It's a no-co integration platform that allows the transfer of default and custom fields between the systems and syncs them in real-time.

Our tools read the schema dynamically and can transfer any field. It is fully customizable to fit different use cases and scenarios. If you want to see how it works in action: book a technical demo.

sethi_anurag December 19, 2023

I think the question here is synch between ServiceNow Portfolio Mgmt (SMP) and  Jira ALign (not Jira software ) 

0 votes
Joshua Feldman March 10, 2022

I'm wondering the same thing...have you gotten an answer or engagement in a different thread or avenue?

Jayme Burkhalter August 4, 2023

sadly no, only suggestions for external add-ons

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events