Can I select all components except one?

Christopher Yeleighton December 28, 2015

I would like to mark all components for searching and clear one component I would like to exclude.  Can I achieve that without marking all components separately?  It requires a lot of clicking to do it that way.

2 answers

2 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2015

Alternatively select the one you want to ignore and then switch to advanced searching and replace the IN clause with NOT IN. Eg...

image2015-12-28 23:29:54.png

becomes 

image2015-12-28 23:30:23.png

in advanced view and then you simply add the word NOT as below

image2015-12-28 23:31:9.png

Christopher Yeleighton December 29, 2015

I know that; my question is about Basic search which I find more convenient and intuitive in general.

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2015

Hi @Christopher Yeleighton, The approach as described by @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] will work for the basic search method, my alternative was to use the basic search to the point where you want to remove the single component (or group of components). It is worthwhile getting to know the Advanced format as it provides greater functionality than you can achieve with the Basic search.

I have thought about that, however this particular query can be expressed as a basic search expression, except that it is troublesome to click it out.

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 29, 2015

If you have a lot of components then you may also find that it has better performance using the NOT IN rather than IN clause. Some people find it helps to swap back and forth between Basic and Advanced to see how the condition is built as they make changes.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2015

Click the first one to select it, go to the last one and shift-click it to select the whole lot, then go back to the one to de-select and ctrl-click it to deselect it.

[Shift [click]] selects only the last one. I do not need to press [Ctrl] to mark items.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 29, 2015

It selects all of them for me - as long as I've selected the first item in the list already. In some browsers, you can also double-click to get all selections, then *de*select with ctrl again.

Amar Negi January 13, 2021

Is there some way to still achieve this? Get all checkboxes to be clicked with minimum clicks? On chrome I am not able to do this - Clicking the first check box and then shift+click last checkbox doesn't select all the checkboxes in between the list.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events