Can I create an issue assigned to all of my assets? or do I need to create issues individually?

Roy Darch April 20, 2021

For example I have 10 drones that all need updated software. Can I create one issue and assigned it to all Insight objects without having to go through and apply the issue individually to each object.

1 answer

0 votes
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2021

Hello,

I used insight asset management on Jira Server before and there was a multi custom field that you can select and assign multiple objects to one Jira issue. I assume it's not different on cloud, too.

Check out this documentation, I think it will help:

https://documentation.mindville.com/insight/5.0/insight-administrator-s-guide/insight-custom-fields/insight-custom-field

Regards,

Elifcan

Roy Darch April 21, 2021

Thanks its actually done quite differently on cloud unfortunately. 

In my schema I have an Object and then different models of that object that drop down from it.  I can already add the 25 different objects of model "type A" for example to one issue but I would like to add the object group to the issue not have to click through 25 times to add individual objects.  As we expand and this number grows to 200 of the models it is too time consuming to click indivdually on all 200 models.  I just want to add the group.

Thanks for commenting.

Charlotte Nicolaou
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2021

@Roy Darch 

For now, I don't think there's a 'select all objects based on this filter' option. But you could use automation rules to achieve what I think you're after. 

For example:

I might have 100 laptops in Insight - 50 macbooks and 50 thinkpads. 
For whatever reason, I might want to link all 50 macbooks to an issue which would take a lot of time to do manually. 

To solve this, what I would do is create a new object type called 'laptop models' or 'laptop types' and have two objects - 'macbook' and 'thinkpad'.

Then when I create an issue, I can select the type of laptop I want. And then use automation rules to find all 50 of the relevant laptop objects and assign them to the issue. 

So I would end up with an issue with the laptop model and 50 laptops assigned to it. 

Does that make sense?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events