Calculating with dates in eazyBI

JaA March 7, 2017

Hi,

two questions in eazyBI:

1) I have two fields of issue type "Date Picker". I'm looking for a function similar to average resolution days but I need the time between the two customfields and not from created to resolved. If i use something like 

[Measures].[Field B] - [Measures].[Field A]

i get an error. Also it only shows the error message, when I drill down into the single issues. If i only drill down until the issue level (e.g. "Bug"), I only get a blank field.

2) It's almost the same question but for fields of issue type "Date Time Picker". Here I was awaiting a timedifference in hours or minutes but also only got an error.

Can anyone provide a correct calculation for the fields?

Thanks in advance

Jan

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2017

Hi Jan,

In that case, you could ensure that you have imported these date fields as Issue properties and then you could try using "DateDiffDays" and "DateDiffHours" functions to calculate the difference between two date or date/time fields on Issue level.

DateDiffDays(
[Measures].[Issue Actual start date],
[Measures].[Issue resolution date]
)

difference in days.jpg

calculate difference between date fields.jpg

Here you could read more about DateDiffDays function

https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBI/DateDiffDays

In a similar way, you could create a new calculated measure for DateDiffHours or DateDiffMinutes by choosing an appropriate formatting for it. 

Please contact support@eazybi.com if you have further questions regarding this!

Kind regards,

Martins Vanags / support@eazybi.com

JaA March 9, 2017

Hi Martins,

thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Kind Regards,

Jan

Na April 27, 2021

Hello, 

If I need to measure average working time from when a task is in progress until it is solved, taking away the time you spend in an impeded or blocked state

¿?

[Measures].[Average days in transition status],
[Transition].[In Progres-->Resolveds] - [Transition].[blocked]

Thank you

Janis Plume _eazyBI_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2021

Hi, @Na 

The closest solution for your use case could be the approach used in one of our Demo reports: https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/cubes/Issues/reports/499777-average-lead-and-cycle-time.

Please, check the formula behind the Average resolution days since the cycle start measure. That is the solution to calculate time from the first transition to a specific status till the resolution.

Kindly,

Janis, eazyBi support

0 votes
Cyber Tech Group June 13, 2023

How to count the number of working days from start of the current year to now?

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2023

Hi,

You could use DateDiffWorkdays() function together with DateParse() for dynamic dates. Please try the following:

DateDiffWorkdays(
DateParse("First day of current year"),
DateParse("today")
)

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Cyber Tech Group June 18, 2023

Works like a charm! Thank you so much!

Like Lauma Cīrule likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events