Bulk copy/clone issues from one project to another

Bikash February 6, 2019

I have a project (Project1) and there are several tickets (Requirements / Bugs / Test Cases).

The team has been splitted and now we have another project (Project2).

Requirements:

1. Need to copy / clone all the issues of Project1 to Project2

2. All the tickets under Project2 should remain as it is (we do not want to MOVE the tickets from Project1 to Project2. We want to copy all the tickets)

3. All the attachments, linked tickets, comments etc should also be copied from Project1 to Project2

4. This process should be done in Bulk. We do not want to do manually one by one ticket.

Note: Both Project1 & Project2 is going in parallel.

I appreciate for your help. 

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2019

Hi Bikash,

one more option - with Configuration Manager for JIRA you can define a project template that will include all its issues and configuration and you can replicate this into one or many new projects. Its is better for repetitive work compared to the Bulk Clone add-ons as it handles all aspects of the project setup not just the issues.

This mechanism is described in the following use case: Project Template

Let me know if this might be interesting to you.

Cheers,

Peter T

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2019

Hello Bikash,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, it is not possible to bulk clone issues as you need on JIRA, however, there are some plugins that give you this functionality:

Clone Plus For JIRA

Bulk Clone Basic for Jira

Bulk Clone Professional for Jira

Let me know if one of the plugins above is an option for you, Bikash.

Bikash February 9, 2019

Thank you so much petterson for your help. I hope it will help.

Like Otilia Amarandei likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events