Bulk Operations Tool - Edit Screen 3 of 4 Change pre-selections

martin.abbott October 5, 2017

What determines whether a field is preselected (tickbox) for change on Screen 3 of 4 in the Bulk edit operation ?

We have a few 'Database Customfields' a long way down on the screen which are mysteriously pre-selected (with blank vallues). This means that super users are often caught by this and inadvertently blank out existing values.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2017

It's hard to say, as the database custom fields are not Atlassian fields, and hence have their own behaviours.  I suspect it's the field trying to read the database for many issues.

martin.abbott October 5, 2017

Frustrating, but I think you right. Looks as though the 3rd party 'database customfield' doesn't sit well in the Bulk operations page.  It's running in a many issue context and maybe it is only designed for 'CREATE' or single 'UPDATE'. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2017

That's my feeling too, as the field is dragging stuff from a remote database, maybe it's making lots of calls and getting confused when you go to bulk-edit.

Christian Schlaefcke December 4, 2019

Hi Martin,

are you still encountering this issue? I am running into this with 7.9.2 JIRA (will be updated shortly) and wonder if this will vanish with the latest JIRA version (e.g. 8.5.x).

We use nFeed/Elements Connect by the way. Maybe I am going to contact Elements on this...

Thank you & Best regards,

Christian

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2019

Hi @Christian Schlaefcke ,

If you have a problem that might be linked to Elements Connect, don't hesitate to contact our support team:

https://support.elements-apps.com/portal

Laura

Christian Schlaefcke December 8, 2019

SUP-1878 :-)

Christian Schlaefcke March 5, 2020

And SUP-2347 :-)

Christian Schlaefcke April 29, 2020

As of CO-3675 this problem should be fixed with version 6.3.0 of Elements Connect

Like Nicolas Esteves likes this

Suggest an answer