Board Configuration

Natalia Esteban August 11, 2017

Hi

I can not setup my board configuration.

I read the JIRA help but even when I'm a JIRA-administrator, can not see the ... to setup the project the board

JIRA HELP 

1.Navigate to the desired board, then select more ) >  Board settings.

This is not possible on my board :(

Anyone can help me?

Regards

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2017

That's not a software board. That's a business project board. They are not the same thing. A business project board does not have the options a software board does and cannot be configured. 

Ohhh nooo Shame, I want to see labels and Components, with colours, is any extension (ad-on) available?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2017

No, not that I am aware of. They are brand new and no extensions exist for them as far as I know.

If you want that functionality you should purchase JIRA Software instead. JIRA Core does not advertise the functionality you're looking for.

Paul Wieland January 19, 2021

This is one of the most frustrating things about Jira.

I picked Jira Core / Business because the description lead me to believe that it was a good fit for my Company.

Now I find out it's missing the one basic feature we need to actually use it (one board per department that includes tasks from all projects). Without the ability to create cross project boards based on a filter, Jira Core is completely useless to us.

Now it looks like I have to delete everything and start over with Jira Software instead.

0 votes

I thought JIRA software and CORE were the same. 

I used to use this tool some years ago, I will try to move all !

Thanks for your help

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2017

Please attach a screenshot.

I can not see the ... on the left to setup options

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B77pKksd0mPUQ3IzOUN5dHJ5MFU/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for your help

Suggest an answer