Automation

PRAMOD KUMAR REDDY KASIREDDY April 5, 2022

We Have Projects like for Ex: A Production Project And B Test Project. Both are in the same instance (Production). now the issue is when changes are done in B Test Project like Workflow changes, Field, Screen, versions, components, adding and removing roles, permissions. then after the testing is done we need to re-do it as A Production Project. from scratch. is there any way to copy everything or automate every change done in B automatically those changes are done in A. any plugin?  

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2022

Hi @PRAMOD KUMAR REDDY KASIREDDY 

If you do the changes in different JIRA instances like PROD and UAT and then want to move changes from UAT to PROD, then you could look at plugins like https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211147/project-configurator-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=server 

I think they could be performing the same in the same instance also. But if it is the same instance, could you not copy the workflows with extra version names and apply them only to test project and after validation apply the same workflow to production project? Some thing like that controlled by process have worked for my team in past.

Also, i do not understand the reason to test version/components values in test project. Do you have a particular usecase for that?

0 votes
Andrea Hakim December 14, 2022

Copy the schemes/items that need to be changed.  Then apply the copied schemes to the TEST project.  Once you've made your changes and tested, associate the copied schemes to your production project.

For example:

1. Copy Workflow Scheme and workflow/s (I use naming conventions like Version2, version 3, etc)
  2. Associate the copied schemes and workflows to the TEST project
  3. Make your changes and Test in the TEST project.
  4. If you are changing customfields, then create a context for just the test project, and then, when completed, add the production project to that context.
  5. Associate the new schemes to your production project.

Suggest an answer