Automation won't run...Not executed status next to all of them.

Shawn Wallace May 19, 2021

Good morning. I recently created 43 custom automation rules for a new project in Jira. NONE of my automation successfully ran. I left the status for the automations to run as the creator of the automations (me). Is this the issue or is there something deeper i need to look at? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2021

@Shawn Wallace When you say not successfully running there should be an error that explains the issue in the automation log.  You can use this to identify what is happening.

If none of them ran at all as in no logs you might not have them associated with the right project.  Can you share a screenshot so I can see what you mean by not running?

@Brant Schroeder Thank you for responding so quickly. Here's the screenshot. When i click the Show Details button it just shows me the rule i created.Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 8.33.51 AM.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2021

@Shawn Wallace Great this is very helpful.  So looking at that screen we can see that they are not executed.  This means whatever criteria you are using to trigger the automation is not being met.  You can look at the details and it should tell you why.  Can you share a screenshot with the details open?

@Brant Schroeder  Sure. Here you go.Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 8.54.01 AM.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2021

So the if criteria is not being met.  I believe it is the status.  If you take that out and the issuetype is partner then you will be good to go.  When the issue is created the status will not initially be applied.

@Brant Schroeder Sounds good. This issuetype has 4 different statuses that I need to automate. So, if i remove the status....whenever an issue is created for the issuetype this will run? I have different automated comments for the varying statuses for the issuetype. Will this compromise my other automations?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2021

@Shawn Wallace If the issue is being created then you will not need the status.  If you are transitioning an issue then that should be the trigger and the status would be needed.  Without truly knowing what you are doing it is hard to say how to write the automation.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events