Automation not matching rules for IF condition

Adrian Gunther May 24, 2022

Hi All, 

I have set up automation in one of my Jira projects to auto set the Assignee based on the returned value of a web service. 

For this project, there are 12 entities a user can be from, and I need to set the Assignee based on that value. 

For 11 of the 12, it works perfectly. For one, it doesnt match any of the "if" blocks

In this instance, the webservice correctly returns AAPMI2 (as per the log)
but it doesnt match the IF block checking that value. 

Automation Rule Success Fail Jira.png

I have tried copy/pasting the text from the Return value into the IF condition (no change) 
I have tried republishing the rule (no change) 

Any suggestions? 

Regards
Adrian

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2022

Hey Adrian,

Just to troubleshoot for now, maybe copy the rule and pull all of the other IFs out and test it with just that one condition and see what happens. 

Adrian Gunther June 15, 2022

Hi John, 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you (ive been off sick). 

1. Pulling the "IF" out to its own rule did work successfully.
2. The "big" rule has now "magically" started working and matching that value. 

Nothing i did to the original one, just after setting its own rule up, the other automation just started working.

I appreciate all the responses

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Adrian Gunther May 24, 2022

also, if I validate the webhook, it returns the expected value.

automation Rule Success Fail Jira2.png

Jorge Martinez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2022

Hi @Adrian Gunther 

Could you try to print a log with the webhook smart value that you are evaluating just before the if condition please?

Suggest an answer