Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

Avatar

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
4,457,029
Community Members
 
Community Events
176
Community Groups

Automation for Jira rule will not enable

Hi, 

I've written a new rule (if it matters it uses regex to check the summary text of a Jira) but if it's enabled it won't save (spinning wheel) and when I disable it, while it will save my changes, I can't enable it from the dashboard. 

I click on the green button, it flashes on for a second, and then goes back to disabled. I have no idea why this is happening but it's incredibly frustrating. 

Thanks,

Lee 

2 answers

1 accepted

Answering my own question here but this is more for posterity and for any other people who may encounter this issue. I would also love to hear from the developers of the app to confirm my theory! :) 

I started to rebuild the rule from scratch (as it was working at one point) and it turns out that when I added a third if/else regex check, the problem occurred. Maybe my rule became too complex and ran out of memory? My regex may also have been grossly inefficient and could have hit a timeout of some sort. I'm not sure. I've asked my JaaS admin to provide me with logs to see if anything turns up. 

I fixed it by changing ^(?!MyText).+ to ^((?!MyText).)*$ 

Both expressions look for the absence of a certain string of text at the start of the summary text. The former version, however, is problematic when added multiple times in an if/then else statement. 

Hope this helps someone! 

Lee

Doing a rule to copy a template tree I encountered same problem , with the green button not enabling the rule.
After some time the editor protested on that the summary field was empty, not sure how I managed to publish a rule with an empty summary field.
Did copy paste of {{destinationissue.summary}}, and will do that again but make sure to press enter before save.

image.png
Could enable after that.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events