Automating Issue Comment Edited Notification

Vanessa Marie Delfin November 9, 2021

I am trying to do automation to get an email notification when an issue's comment has been edited. I would like to show the previous comment and the newly edited comment. 

I looked around and saw that this trigger has not been implemented yet but I used the multiple event trigger and saw that Issue Comment Edited is available. Is this any different?

Capture1.PNG

I have been playing with it and it looks like it's working well. The only other issue is that I am unable to show the comment before it was edited. I tried using this:

CHANGE FROM:
{{fieldChange.field}}: {{fieldChange.fromString}}

TO:
{{fieldChange.field}}: {{fieldChange.toString}}

Unfortunately this does not work. I am using a JIRA Server.

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2021

Hi @Vanessa Marie Delfin 

First thing, I am using Jira Cloud and not Server/Data Center.

Have you tried this syntax to see if the values are available:

{{changelog.comments.last.body.fromString}} 

Kind regards,
Bill

Vanessa Marie Delfin November 15, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

Unfortunately this does not work for me. I've also tried different combinations of smart values but nothing seemed to work. 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2021

Vanessa, I checked the Code Barrel backlog (now part of Atlassian) and didn't see this issue.  You may want to ask your site admin to submit a support ticket to confirm with Atlassian if this possible: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Once you hear back from them, please post what you learn so the community can benefit.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer