Autocomplete input field - Jira plugin development

Ivana Srebrenova March 29, 2022

Hello everyone,
Does we have autocomplete input fields in Jira Server like the ones in Confluence server, shown in the documentation bellow. I need to implements these fields with autocompletion in my jira plugin server.
https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/javascript-components/
Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sébastien Delcoigne March 29, 2022

Hi,

You don't directly have autocomplete fields for specific data, but you should be able to wire any select to a rest end point of your choice using AUI Select or AUI select2 

0 votes
Ivana Srebrenova April 1, 2022

Thank you for the answer, I solve it in that way, but I have another question here.

Why the selection part of the IssuePicker.jspa doesnt't work.

For example, the user selection from UserPickerBrowser.jspa works and populate the field with the username, but the selection from IssuePicker.jspa doesn't populate the field?

Sébastien Delcoigne April 4, 2022

Could you be more specific ? Are you trying to replicate code you've seen in Jira's code base ?

Could you post the code in question ?

Ivana Srebrenova April 4, 2022

I am writing a jira server plugin and I implement the issue-picker and user-picker field like shown bellow.

Screenshot_36.png

The fields are shown, the popups also, but the selection part of the IssuePicker.jspa popup doesn't work.

For example, the user selection from UserPickerBrowser.jspa works and populate the field with the username, but the selection from IssuePicker.jspa doesn't populate the field with the selected issue?

Sébastien Delcoigne August 10, 2022

Sorry for the late reply, I did get the notification.

If I understand correctly, the value is not stored for the field after the form is submitted, right ?

If so, in your code example, your input is not related to a customfield id and therefore Jira cannot know which field this value is associated with. The name attribute of your input need to be the id of a field. For a customfield it is in the this kind of format : customfield_xxxxx

Suggest an answer