Attachment upload issue - Internal error

Sandro Leone December 15, 2022

Hi

We have been having the following problem on our jira installation:

When uploading attachments to some issues, an internal error shows up.

Following some of the questions I found online, I created a HAR of the issue and was able to reveal that the POST data was incomplete and the server response code was "0". The size of the body also was 0 bytes.

Further than that, I don't know how to find out more about this issue or how to even attempt to solve it.

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2022

Hi @Sandro Leone ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

Please could you extract error in the JIRA-HOME/log/atlassian-jira.log file so that we can support you on that?

Fabio

Sandro Leone December 15, 2022

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 

Under program files/atlassian/jira/logs was no atlassian-jira.log file. But I found a atlassian-jira-gc-(date).log file. Can this file help aswell? It's approx 8'000 KB, so I'm not sure how to get that to you.

Edit: CTRL+F "error" brings up nothing in that file.

BR

Sandro

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2022

Hey @Sandro Leone , you are on the inst folder. Please go in the JIRA-HOME folder /logs/ try to upload a file and then copy just portion of log files with the error.

Sandro Leone December 16, 2022

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 

For example this is one of the errors. There were a couple but I also tried a couple times. Maybe I can somehow send you the whole file.

I also saw that there was now an issue seeing annotations in pdf's while viewing them in the jira preview, which worked fine before. could this be connected?

2022-12-16 11:12:07,615+0100 https-openssl-nio-443-exec-22 ERROR [o.a.c.c.C.[.[localhost].[/].[viewattachment]] Servlet.service() for servlet [viewattachment] in context with path [] threw exception [com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.AttachmentReadException: com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.apache.catalina.connector.ClientAbortException: java.io.IOException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine] with root cause
java.io.IOException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.write0(Native Method)
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.write(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.writeFromNativeBuffer(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.write(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.write(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.write(Unknown Source)
... 16 filtered
at com.atlassian.gzipfilter.RoutableServletOutputStream.write(RoutableServletOutputStream.java:134)
at org.apache.commons.io.IOUtils.copyLarge(IOUtils.java:1159)
at org.apache.commons.io.IOUtils.copy(IOUtils.java:878)
at org.apache.commons.io.IOUtils.copyLarge(IOUtils.java:1135)
at org.apache.commons.io.IOUtils.copy(IOUtils.java:854)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.servlet.viewfile.AbstractViewFileServlet.copyAll(AbstractViewFileServlet.java:263)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.servlet.viewfile.AbstractViewFileServlet.copyStream(AbstractViewFileServlet.java:187)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.servlet.viewfile.AbstractViewFileServlet.lambda$streamFileData$2(AbstractViewFileServlet.java:149)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultAttachmentManager$7.apply(DefaultAttachmentManager.java:731)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultAttachmentManager$7.apply(DefaultAttachmentManager.java:727)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.store.DefaultFileSystemAttachmentStore$2.apply(DefaultFileSystemAttachmentStore.java:127)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.store.DefaultFileSystemAttachmentStore$2.apply(DefaultFileSystemAttachmentStore.java:124)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.store.DefaultFileSystemAttachmentStore$3.call(DefaultFileSystemAttachmentStore.java:150)
at io.atlassian.util.concurrent.Executors$DefaultSubmitter$CallableRunner.run(Executors.java:85)
at io.atlassian.util.concurrent.LimitedExecutor$Runner.run(LimitedExecutor.java:94)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2023

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events