Attachment is mandatory

Manoj September 9, 2022

I have custom field called "Total Value", what i want is if the total value is >=100000 then attachment is mandatory and allows workflow to transit from Status A to status B

and if "Total Value" is <100000 then it should not ask for any attachment and simply workflow transit from Status A to Status B.

Note- attachment is in ppt form.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Berclaz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Hi @M

If you want to go further and have more checks done on the required attachment (for instance checking the format or size), you have the possibility to create dedicated attachment fields using File Field App.

Here is also more information about attachment fields on the different Jira distributions.

Cheers,

David

0 votes
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2022

With the JMWE (and possibly other) app, you can configure a "field required validator" with a scriptable condition, which you could configure exactly as you describe.

Manoj September 9, 2022

@Payne Thanks

I did use JMWE and made attachment field mandatory. 

Its working fine. 

Suggest an answer