Attaching Image to every ConfiForms entry and sending image to Jira issue description

Brian Karst October 20, 2020

Here is another challenging (to me) one for you @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ 

A Jira issue description allows an image to be inserted into it, with the wikimarkup !image-yadayada.png and attaching the image to the jira issue. What I am attempting to do is place the same image in the description of each issue that is created by the form.

In my mind you would have the image sitting on the form page or wherever, set the value of a confiform field to that image for each entry, and have that field in the IFTTT that creates the Jira issue. That would get the image attached to the issue. Then you would have to add the proper wikimarkup notation to the description that the user inputs. 

Am I way off base here or am I tracking right?

Would you use a rule definition or IFTTT to set the value of the image confiform field? 

Any other tips and suggestions are always welcome. I am also combining the image wikimarkup with a html input through WYSIWYG field for the description information but I figure I can hard code in the No Format the image wikimarkup and put the WYSIWYG field in the input after with the VF

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2020

Hi

We can add a file as an attachment to Jira and that is documented here https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Creating+Jira+issue+from+Confluence+with+ConfiForms

But we dont parse a wiki markup or anything like that to extract and upload the files. No, this is not something we do in ConfiForms and I afraid will never do...

Alex

Brian Karst October 21, 2020

As usual my original questions intent didn't come across right.

I was able to get it to do what I wanted using an IFTTT with copy attachment setting. When my form is submitted it "copies" the attachment and saves it to a field that is inside the Create Jira Issue IFTTT (so it is attached at creation). Then it was rather simple to hardcode the !imagename.png into the description input that is sent to Jira.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events