Annual survey using automation

Robert Condon March 18, 2022

We want to use JSM to issue an annual survey to our entire user base, or possibly a group within this.

This would need to resend every year, 1 year after the last survey was submitted.

Is there a way to do this with automation. 

Effectively it would need to:

1. Search for tickets in the specific Issue Type from the last year from each user

2. IF a Request found that has been updated for <365 days, do nothing more and look at the next user

3. IF a request is not found or is >365 days, open a new request of the correct type.

I can then automate an email to the customer asking for the survey to be completed, chaser emails, etc

I think I have some idea of how to do it, but not sure how to run the conditional search on each user

1 answer

0 votes
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2022

Hi Robert,

Welcome to community

Automation wouldn't be able to do it to this level of granularity.

However you could trigger via a CRON job an email to all clients (or whatever the service desk accessing groups name is in your instance). This would send the survey. You would need to set up a script unless you've already configured ldap to do so, to put all registered users (not account holders) into a group

If you wanted this level of granularity you would need to create a script using a tool like scriptrunner.

Best,
Clark

Suggest an answer