Allow Users to view Dashboard in multiple projects.

Deleted user February 22, 2020

I have created a dashboard. Created several gadgets and content is based on Filters. 

The content is tickets on an IT ServiceDesk Project.

I want the dashboard to be viewable by managers in our business.

I have set gadgets, filter permissions to be viewable by "Public"

They still cant see it.

Could it be because of the following link....

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver081/jira-applications-overview-970610505.html

I don't want to send this dashboard as a PDF as it doesn't format it in a neat way. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

4 answers

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2020

When you write that the PDF is not formatted nicely, I guess you used the browser's Print feature to export the dashboard to PDF. As you point out, it has several flaws.

If the PDF way would still be an option for you, try this app that exports dashboards to nicely formatted PDF files.

(Discl. The app is developed by my team.)

jira-dashboard-agile-sprint-report

0 votes
Deleted user February 24, 2020

They can only see the attached. 

jira2.jpgJira_1.jpg

Deleted user February 24, 2020

I think as the person suggested above. I may need to add a new role to Browse that project. So will try that to see if this resolves my issue

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2020

Hi @[deleted] ,

Can't they see the dashboard or can they see the dashboard and no contents on it.

If they can't see the dashboard, keep in mind, that you also have to share the dashboard itself.

If they can see the dashboard, project permissions might be a look worth.

0 votes
Aline
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2020

Hi Brian,

Remember to give the users the proper permissions to view the project and the issues. 

They can only view issues in the dashboard that they are allowed to see.

You could give them "Browse Project" Permissions for your Service Desk. Ideally using roles. 

Also, make sure you are sharing the board and the filters with the correct project or group of users.

I hope it helps. 

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events