Agile workflow help

Troy E July 28, 2022

Hello

I need some help , I need to create a custom workflow for Agile project and being fairly new I dont want to screw it up 

the Agile project workflow needs to look like this if anyone can give me a little guidance 

Feature --> EPIC --> User Story --> Task 

EPIC - by selecting a feature user should be able to see all the EPICs linked to it

User Story - by selecting EPIC the user should be able to see all user stories. 

the project is created already using the defaults pretty much

thanks in advance 

1 answer

2 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2022

Hi @Troy E 

Please note that by defining this "hierarchy":

• User Story is an issue in an Epic (vertical hierarchy) where Story has an Epic Link
  • Task is linked to User Story via issue link type (horizontal hierarchy in Jira natively)
  • Epic is linked to Feature via issue link type (horizontal hierarchy in Jira natively)

The only way to see this hierarchy vertically would be via third party-app Structure.

This vertical hierarchy won't be possible however in Advanced Roadmaps as AR only allows you to create an additional level above the Epic issue type (so Feature would be 'above' Epic), but it won't allow you to set a Task below User Story (as they are both standard issue types).

Suggest an answer