Adding to linked issues from comments

Deborah Cross January 10, 2021

I'd like to ensure that, when a user adds a link to a jira ticket in a comment, that link is automatically added to the Linked Issues section. 

Can I do this via an automation or a prompt reminding the person to add it in the linked issues section?

3 answers

0 votes
kuruizakihime April 14, 2022

I really look forward to have this functionality :) Would be great help!

0 votes
Deborah Cross January 10, 2021

Thank you @Carlos Garcia Navarro this looks great!

If I understand, your automation would take the entire comment body and turn that into the link. If there are more words in the comment, I'd need to edit the regex to find the link only? And if there are multiple links on one comment I wouldn't be able to use this method? 

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2021

The regex in the default rule takes care of filtering the other text out. If there are other links, it should detect and add them all to the 'linked issues' section 9I just tried and it worked as expected)

Deborah Cross January 12, 2021

@Carlos Garcia Navarro thanks - I was all set to go, but I'm not getting the option under link issues to extract from the comment body. I have trigger issue or recently created issue only. How did you achieve it? Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 3.03.58 pm.png

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

Hmm... You should be able to copy this in the box:

{{comment.body}} contains regex [A-Z]+-\d+

Doesn't it work?

Deborah Cross January 13, 2021

I've had to type it in there manually and press enter but it seems to have accepted. But not what you pasted, I put {{comment.body.match("([A-Z}+-\d+)")}}

That saved and published, but the rule won't trigger. Says it doesn't match the condition. Mine seems to be the same as yours?! 

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.14.47 am.png

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2021

Hi @Deborah Cross ,

If you go to Project Settings-> Automation, you can set up this rule, as you can see in this screenshot. If you click on the box and enable the automation rule, the links wilol be created automatically:

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 9.18.28 PM.png

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2021

I just tried and worked fine for me:

Screenshot that shows the automated rule to link the issue (I added an extra step to add a comment to confirm that the link was created):

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 9.26.48 PM.png

And screenshot showing the link and the comments:

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 9.26.10 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events