Adding new users and administrator rights

Gilbert van den Heiligenberg February 4, 2022

Hi,

I want to add admin rights to a user but I constantly get the message 'Unable to add the user to that group' ; You've reached the maximum number of users for your plan. To add this user, upgrade your plan.

To my best knowledge our plan should cover for adding a new admin. Can you please support so we can add an administrator.

Kind regards,

Gilbert

1 answer

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2022

Hi @Gilbert van den Heiligenberg ,

please check license limit for your JIRA core server https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/licensing-your-jira-applications-938847718.html

Probably, you reached the limit of your license so you can't add new user to JIRA.

If the user has already access to jira, you should be able just to add it to one of the group defined as JIRA System Administrator or JIRA Administrator into JIRA Global Permission.

Please, let us know.

Fabio

Gilbert van den Heiligenberg February 7, 2022

It was indeed a license limit, but hard to find. Long time ago a trial version was implemented for 'Jira Statuspage'. It was configured to be added by default based on the administrator role. The limit of this free version is set to 20 users.

Thanks for the support.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events