Add start up template to Jira

Marek Dziedzic August 28, 2020

Hi All.

I would like to ask everybody if it's possible to add something like template for ticket system. So it will show up straight away to client what information we require from client. 

For exmaple 

Name:

Description:

as now I got bunch of tickets that come though that use general emails however information like. Who made the ticket, which location, who do I have to contact for more information, they just not doing them and I want to little bit forced to put this infomation.

Kind Regards

Marek Dziedzic

2 answers

0 votes
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2020

Hi @Marek Dziedzic ,

You just named the reason that I don't have email submission to JSD enabled. When it was, we got way to many "My computer is slow" tickets with utterly no information other than that.

Thanks. I'll get right on that.

So... I weaned them off email submissions, spent a LOT of time making the portal look nice (new layout applied, pleasant company image background, company colors) along with spending the time to make meaningful Customer Request Types each with icons I went to find so it's not "generic".

Additionally, I started rolling in ALL service type requests, not just IT into their own portals so if you need support, office supplies, the temp adjusted in your office (when offices were a thing), HR and payroll queries, etc. so the user base got used to it being that, if you want something there is a single place to go ask for it.

I added Extension for Jira Service Desk with the big ticket item there being the dynamic forms. For example, if someone ticked the "slow computer" tick box, it displayed a set of fields meaningful for WHAT is slow. 

The other piece I added was Actions for Jira Service Desk to provide the ability for a customer to update the ticket rather than just comment on it.

Between those two pieces, I can expose more fields than just title, description, and comments along with linked issues (a big deal when you get a big one that needs to have more tickets associated to handle it; the customer can see all linked ones and their status). 

As to weaning them off email submissions, I didn't just cut them off. That would have lead to wailing and gnashing of teeth. Rather when the portal was well built out, we noted that faster service would occur when the portal was used with full detail than generic emails. 

Hope this helps a bit.

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2020

Hi @Marek Dziedzic 

Have your created fields to capture this information, added them to the request type and exposed these fields on the portal?

You can get more information here.

Ravi

Suggest an answer