Active directory integration with JIRA

Aditya Prasad April 6, 2018

Hello,

Is it necessary to have the same users in JIRA internal directory and Active Directory? in my case almost same users we have at both the places but with different domain, like: <user-name> in JIRA internal dir. and <user@<company-name.com> or <user@<domain-name.com> in active directory.

I am following the below link for internal directory with LDAP authentication: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/connecting-to-an-internal-directory-with-ldap-authentication-802592353.html

Test Connection is successful but unable to add all my JIRA internal groups, can add 50% of them for Default Group Memberships, post that logged in to JIRA with my AD account but Tempo time sheets are missing, also getting error page when trying to access 'User Directories', once logged out unable to login with any of my account.

Please suggest, what could be the workaround? thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

Hi @Aditya Prasad ,

JIra internal directory and AD directory are two different sources for users. You don't need to have the same username in both (this situation should be avoided because, based on directory order, user will be authnticated using the first directory in which the username exists).

Users coming from AD should be set "with local groups" so that users from AD can be associated to a local group.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Suggest an answer