About the REST API:How can I get accountID?

韦哲 February 3, 2021

Hi Atlassian Team, 

I‘m developing an service system on JIRA,I need add some users to some groups,the API tells that I should use API“add user to group”,but the parameter——’accountId‘ is required,where should I get it? I’m try to use API“get accountid”, but the parameter——"username" is required, where can I get it?

And I try to use ‘query’,for example:

jira01.jpg

But I still cant get it

02.jpg

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2021

Hi @韦哲,

You can get the user account ID using this REST API. You will need to pass the username with this endpoint.

I hope that this helps.

Thanks,
Moga

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2021

Hi @韦哲 

Welcome to community! You will need to find a user first in order to extract an accountId. Better to search all users out and filter the ones you need based on displayname or email_address. You can use the endpoint /rest/api/3/users/search to search for every user on the instance and perform filtering

OR

I have a package called jiraone you could try and see if it simplifies things for you. you can get all users and save to a file, then extract the accountid and use it to add users to groups. For example

from jiraone import LOGIN, USER, endpoint, file_reader

user = "email" password = "token" link = "https://yourinstance.atlassian.net" LOGIN(user=user, password=password, url=link)

def add_user_to_group():
USER.get_all_users(pull="active", user_type="atlassian", file="user_file.csv")
read = file_reader(file_name="user_file.csv")
# the read variable will hold accountId of each user on index 0, you can filter
# by display Name for a particular user as the datatype would be a list.
# some filtering done here ...
group = "Dev Team"
for x in read:
LOGIN.post(endpoint.group_jira_users(group_name=group, account_id=x[0])

This is one of the method you could test out. 

Suggest an answer