AD Sync setup daily to Identify a New user with Asterik(*)

sudharshan kuppuswamy October 30, 2020

If i perform a daily AD sync in Jira , my requirement is to identify new users that get added randomly with an Asterik (*) marker. Additionally is there a JIRA API that i can use to differentiate those new users who are added and also pull in the old users.

Eg: i am consuming the Jira API in an Angular or Dotnet core project.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2020

I am not sure what you are asking for here.  Your code in your angular or dotnet project is going to have to keep a record of users so that it can recognise when Jira presents new ones to it.

sudharshan kuppuswamy November 1, 2020

Thanks Nic.

I have been tasked with setting up an Angular, Dotnetcore project with Ad Groups and Roles setup in Jira. I have a differing user base wherein AD (Active directory) Users get added on and off.

My Need to is to Query the Jira AD for authentication and also identify if a user is new (if never available from the start of time), this i need to perform in the Dotnetcore API. in the UI section of the JIRA tool, i need to find an automatic way to mark the new user  with an Asterik indicating that he is a new user for that day.

Any inputs of yours much appreciated.

Suggest an answer