2 status on same columns Jira Board

Miguel Belen August 29, 2019

How could i add a status on the same columns and same cell in Jira Board?

Here below the example of what i mean:

Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 10.51.13.png

I want to do the same thing on another column, how could i do this?

2 answers

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2019

Hi @Miguel Belen ,

Make sure you have the permissions of the board administrator, then match two states to the same column in the board setting.

TIM截图20190829170640.png

Hi Ollie,

thanks for your quick response.

I have already the two status on the same column but when I try to drag an issue in the board to the column it doesn't show the cell separated.

Maybe it takes some time to affect the edit?

AND another thing, take a look at the configuration of the column where the cell is split into "To Do" and "btd", there's only a status but when i try to drag an issue it shows both status, while in the column that i want to do that there are 3 status but when you drag an issue it shows only "Released"... why??

here the screenshot:

Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 11.16.42.png

BR,

Miguel

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2019

Hi @Miguel Belen ,

Please confirm that you can operate other status changes when using the Issue Details view.

Whether it is impossible to operate due to workflow restrictions?

TIM截图20190829173529.png

Yeah i'm sure! How do you mean with restrictions?

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2019

Can you post a screenshot of the workflow?

BTW:

If there are some pre-states in the workflow, you can't move directly to Done.

sure here the screenshot:

Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 12.22.15.png

Emile Figo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 8, 2024

Has this issue been solved? Just asking because i have the same/very similar issue. I even have in the same Board some tickets of the same project where the status is available in the board and others where those are not provided (same type, and yes i have full permissions in the project and Jira itself)

0 votes
Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2019

Hi,

you need to go in board settings. In the top-right button with 3 dots. If you have not item menu "Settings" - you don't have permission for this.

In Board settings interface you can Drag&Drop some workflow status to one columns 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events