127.0.0.1 refused to connect

Neeta Dubey February 5, 2019

I could access below url on the system I've installed JIRA but not from my local computer. How could i fix this. It gives below error when i try to access it from local machine. Please suggest.

127.0.0.1 refused to connect.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2019

Hi @Neeta Dubey,

the IP address 127.0.0.1 always refers to the computer you are currently on, it is the same as if you use localhost, see also the wiki article about this topic.

If you want to access your Jira from another computer, you have to use the ip address or dns name of the system where you installed Jira. How you find your own ip address depends on the operating system of your server. What are you using?

Cheers,
Matthias.

Neeta Dubey February 6, 2019

Thanks Matthias. It worked by changing the ip address. how i change it to something meaning ful rather accessing it via ip address

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2019

You can use the name of your server to access it or need to tell your DNS server what the name for the IP address should be.

If it is a public one, you'd need a public DNS entry and point it to your IP address.

Like Osama Alzohiery likes this
Kofi Yeboah-Agyemang
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 18, 2023

Let's continue to explore sanitizing cyberspace.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events