Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprints are not displaying on Project Roadmap

Olga Wallace November 18, 2022

We have 2 Scrum boards: program and team specific. Both boards are in the same project, share the same sprints, and sprint data. Sprint names are showing at the top on program's roadmap where the sprints were created, but are not showing on team's roadmap. Where is the disconnect? I would think that issues assigned to the same sprints will appear on any board's roadmap. 

Program Roadmap

Capture.PNG

Team Roadmap

Capture2.PNG

3 comments

Comment

Dean Devin November 18, 2022

As a possible assist - here's another post with similar issue for sprints not appearing on roadmap: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Cloud-Admins-discussions/Sprints-not-showing-on-Project-Roadmap-AGAIN/m-p/2190661#M1338 

James Yoon November 18, 2022

Hello Olga,

My understanding is that sprints are connected to the boards from which they are created on. 

Although the sprint may be visible on the Team board, if the sprint itself was created from the Program Roadmap then it will only be visible on the roadmap view of that board.

Essentially, the Team and Program board may be using filters which result in the same sprints appearing on board but you can look at this way.  The Program board is the "owner" of the sprint which is why it only shows up on Program boards roadmap.

You can probably test this theory out by creating a sprint from the Team board's backlog, assigning a start and end date and see if it displays on the Program roadmap or if it only displays on the Team roadmap.

Thanks,
James

Like # people like this
Jeanne Collins November 21, 2022

Yes, that's the way I understand it as well. The sprints have to be created using the Board you use for Advanced Roadmaps. Seems nonsensical to me, but apparently that's how it works.

Ruwan Tharaka November 20, 2022

Hello,

Sprints have to be created in the same board to be visible in the Board Road map view 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Cloud-Admins-questions/Sprints-not-showing-on-Project-Roadmap/qaq-p/1919281

Like Olga Wallace likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events