The rules for sprints to appear seem to be followed:

1) Roadmap must be in the same board as the issues

2) The sprints must have dates.

AFBoard.png

...Yet they do not appear.

AFBoard.pngAFRoadmap.png

One of many sprints...

AFSprint.png

Note: EP is not a project code, it is a label the team put on the Sprint.  It is in the AF board.

4 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Athas Mark January 25, 2022

Maybe there is something related to the point that these 53 issues were bulk moved from a team-managed project to this company-managed project?

Radka Svobodova January 26, 2022

if they have new sprints in the new board assigned, than I do not think there should be any issue with it, I also have moved issues from team-managed project to company-managed, and the roadmap works with the sprints...

Like Karla Gonçalves likes this
Athas Mark January 26, 2022

With all feedback here aligned with guidance from Atlassian, I've opened a case with Jira Support.  The response I got was, these sprints were CREATED on another project and board (the team-managed project), thus they violate the first rule above.  So, its not that they exist on the same board, they must have been created on the same board.

Like # people like this
Shawna Schnorr April 12, 2022

Ok, this must also be our problem. I have two boards in the same project, with the same filter, but some sprints don't appear in one board's roadmap, but appear on the other roadmap, even though all sprints appear on both boards, and THERE'S NO WAY TO TELL what board a sprint "belongs" to.  It's really a shame, because I really like the Roadmap interface, but I guess we'll most likely be using Plans, with all the caveats.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Radka Svobodova January 22, 2022

Hi, are you sure the sprints are on the same board? and only in 1 project? Just carefully not to connect sprint with another project (and board), that all issues in this board are not also in a different board.

Yes, on same board, in same project.  I'm kinda befuddled. 

Radka Svobodova January 26, 2022

I tried different approach to simulate that, and I still see sprints in roadmaps, sorry I can not help, have no advise.

Athas Mark January 26, 2022

From Atlassian support, since the Sprints were CREATED on another board (the team-managed board), they will not appear on this project roadmap(company-managed) board.  Even if they EXIST on the company-managed board.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2022

Hi @Athas Mark

There is a difference between Jira Project Roadmaps and Jira Advanced Roadmaps

These can be bought as an extra or they are free on having a Cloud Premium or Enterprise subscription.

If you do want to see sprint on the project roadmap feature you will have to make sure the following information is set correctly:

1. Sprint board filter should only contain the current project
  2. Any sprint needs to have issues
  3. Any sprint needs to have start and end date of the sprint set
  4. Historical sprint should be finished

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 11.03.29.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 11.03.51.png

@Radka Svobodova Thank you for pointing out my mistake!

Cheers,

Marc

Radka Svobodova January 24, 2022

That is not true, jira basic roadmaps also show sprints , in the timeline there are visible sprints and you can assign user story to the following sprints in roadmap view. Screenshot 2022-01-25 at 10.30.37.png

Like Curt Holley likes this

The team has the current and 3 future Sprints created and dated.  Yet, they do not appear on the Roadmap.   Good point on the version: I should mention we have Jira Enterprise Edition.

0 votes
Wendy McCurdy January 21, 2022

I forget this piece all the time. You need to ensure your sprint has start and end dates.  From the backlog screen, click on the ellipses and edit sprint, then enter a start and end date. 

Wendy McCurdy January 21, 2022

Now looking at your screen shot again, I do see that you have dates set...now I'm not sure.

Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2022

Hi @Wendy McCurdy

You are right Sprint start and end dates need to be set. Dates on issue type are not taken into account

Cheers

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events